DKUK is an art gallery and hair salon where clients sit in front of art while they get their haircut, we are currently looking for a young person (must be under 25) with a background or interest in art to train as a hairdresser on our apprenticeship scheme. The successful candidate will be enrolled on a GNVQ apprenticeship scheme and full training will be given. The role is full time and requires a big commitment to learn a new profession.
- Social media
- Assisting in all aspects of hairdressing
- Reception – Maintaining appointment system, booking in clients answering the phone and email
- Cleaning salon and keeping tidy
- Looking after hairdressing clients
- Providing visitors with information about the exhibition
- Smartly dressed and presentable in appearance
- Passionate and committed to learning hairdressing
- Familiar with social media
- Confident dealing with the public
- A keen interest and commitment to learning the new profession
- A keen interest in art and able to communicate exhibition themes.
- Must be under 25.
- Term – 12 month contract
- Role – Apprenticeship
- Hours of Work – 34 hours per week
- Salary – £10.20 per hour
- Application Deadline – 15 July
- Interviews – TBC
- Start date – Monday 1 August
- Holiday Allowance – 22.5 days per year
This role will be subject to a 3 week trial period which will commence on 1 August for 3 days per week. If successful the contract will start at the end of August.
This position is funded through the Southwark Employment and Enterprise Development Scheme (SEEDS2). Through the SEEDS2 project, Southwark partners with local small businesses provide a young Southwark resident with a new job opportunity and training.
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 15 July 2018.