we are recruiting a front of house person
Front of house position:
Application Deadline: Thursday 18 March 18:00
4-days per week to include three late evening.
Salary: £22-£25K: including performance bonuses
Holidays: 5.6 weeks per year
Interviews: 22 March 10-1pm
Start date: 29 March.
(these dates are subject to change due to current restrictions)
(Contact: Ruby Donachy email@example.com
At DKUK we have two goals: to create beautiful hairstyles and show great works of art. We are a unique concept – a group of artists who have retrained as hairdressers using our artistic backgrounds and knowledge to enhance our hairdressing skills. This makes every hair appointment here a collaboration with our clients on a very personal project: their hair. Our mission is to look after people’s heads, inside and out.
To oversee the smooth running of our hair salon, we are recruiting an experienced front of house person. The candidate must be highly organised, proactive and have good communication skills. We are open to applicants from all ethnic backgrounds however we particularly encourage applicants from Black Asian and Ethnic minorities and those who have grown up in Southwark.
- Taking customer payments
- Welcoming clients
- Maintaining stock levels
- Call handling.
- Operating Salon software
- Social media
- Ensuring salon is always kept clean and tidy.
- Supporting the salon to reach agreed targets.
- Day to day assisting the director.
- Smooth running of hair salon
- Writing marketing copy
- Website maintenance
- Managing staff holidays
Person Specification (skills and experience):
- 1 years experience front of house in a hair salon
- Experience with Phorest salon software will be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workload
- Confident handling of spreadsheets
- Friendly and professional manner
- Experience working with the public
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Experience using social media platforms
- Interested in art and hairdressing
-Collaborative approach to working
-Can do’/’will do’ attitude
-Good telephone manner
-Meticulous attention to detail
-We will consider 2 years experience with similar administrative duties.
For more information about DKUK visit: dkuk.biz
To apply for the position please send your CV along with a cover letter addressed to Ruby Donachy by 6pm on the 18 March to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Front of house Application’.